Here's a yummy recipe I hadn't thought about in while. A parent commented about my healthy trail mix at the Valentine's Party and that she loved dates. This recipe is great for weekend company or brunch. The muffins freeze well, too. The only draw back... what to do with left over All Bran cereal! Sometimes I make it AFTER the older company leaves... and leaves behind All Bran cereal! You could probably add nuts, but I prefer muffins without them.
Bran Muffins
Mix with beater until no lumps:
3 c All Bran cereal
1 c boiling water
1 c dates, cut up (I often use more)
Add:
2 eggs
2 c buttermilk
1/2 c oil
1 c raisins (or more, or craisin, etc.)
Mix and add:
2 1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sugar (or a bit less)
2 1/2 c flour
Bake 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Use as desired. Keeps up to 2 weeks in refrigerator in covered container.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment