Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cooking Show Cravings

Watching cooking shows makes me crave food late at night! Here's a recent recipe I saw and then made today. I did substitute goat cheese for ricotta with some shredded Romano and Parmesan. One another pizza I put pesto on the crust and added sliced olives to the mushrooms and spinach. NEXT time I'll put all of it on one pizza! YUM!



Mixed Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients1 10"-ready-made pizza crust1/2 cup softened goat cheese1/3 pound pound shitakes, sliced thin1/3 pound crimini, sliced thin 6 ounces baby spinach (one of those already cleaned kinds)2 cloves garlic, chopped fine2 teaspoons olive oil2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat large pan, add oil and cook mushrooms until softened. Add garlic and stir for a minute. Then add spinach and stir in until the spinach wilts all the way down—only a minute or so.
Spread goat cheese on crust and top with mushroom-spinach mixture. Sprinkle a bit of shredded Parmesan on top.
Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Serves 4.

No comments: