What makes us long for the greener grass? What makes us think green is in? Is blue the new green?
This weekend my oldest got a little creative in her ploy to get me to take her to the store to spend some allowance money. When the postcard came in the mail that had a star next to "schedule next eye exam", she repositioned it next to "come in to pick up your contacts/glasses." Thank goodness neither of my kids inherited my bad eye sight! Both have near perfect vision. Both decided to spend their allowance money on "fake" glasses at Claire's jewelry store. That was an interesting experience! Should I have said no? It wasn't like they were spending all their money on candy to rot their teeth! It was more like they can't get over how "cool" glasses might be. I can't remember ever getting a pair of new glasses and thinking "Oh how cool I look!" , in spite of all the compliments from my parents. My kids spent many an afternoon turned an outdoor dump truck toy into a pretend wheel chair. What makes us long for the greener grass? How do I make sure their intentions are pure imagination and not turning into something that will make someone with poor eyes or legs feel mocked? I keep looking for the teachable moments in this. At least she didn't pick the zebra print frames.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
crazy kids ;)
Post a Comment