Today it rained all day until about 6pm. At 6:30 pm the girls decided it was dry enough to go out on the beach. Did I mention it was about 55 degrees and windy? They wanted to build sand castles, so out we went after changing into shorts (who wants wet pant legs clinging to sandy legs?!) and multiple layers on the top.

With a towel wrapped around my legs, I sat in the sand and talked on the phone with my mom. (I ALWAYS call my mom when I go to the beach. Mostly to rub it in and partly because I finally have a free moment.) The girls dug, played, sculpted little castles, and ran surf. Then it started to ran. They continue to run and play as we got wetter and wetter! Finally, Big J had enough of the cold and we headed in. Soon it would be too dark to play in the sand anyway! The sun's supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon...




No comments:
Post a Comment