Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Hope

Happy Easter! We have much to PRAISE God for... hope, peace, joy, forgiveness, and a future in Heaven with Him! My girls and I have been enjoying the new CB by Francesca Battistelli "My Paper Heart". The lyrics below remind me that I don't have to do it all on my own (I usually fail when I do!), but God is the one who's going to carry me if I let Him. If you can't claim this Easter hope and peace... let me know. The free gift of salvation is too wonderful to pass up. It cost God greatly. He gave his only Son to die on the cross for our sins. (I can't imagine giving up my child!!) Because He lives, we can face tomorrow. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will have eternal life." It's that easy. If you were to die tonight, do you know where you would go? I do and the peace that brings is worth celebrating!

Francesca Battistelli

At twenty years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war is already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can't always see, 'cause...

(Chorus)
I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
And on my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders
I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl
I thought I had it figured out
See my life will turn out right
And I'll make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt, 'cause...

(Chorus)

And you're free to be you

Sometimes I believe
That I can do anything
Yet other times I think
I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and you tell me
That I've got all You seek
And it's easy to believe, even though...

(chorus)
And you're free to be you

1 comment:

Jill said...

It's about time that you "got into" my Francesca!! :-)