Friday, April 17, 2009

Handwriting Analysis

Last week I told a friend I was playing on the computer. She seemed surprised. Apparently at her house "playing" on the computer meant games. At my house it means endless wandering on the Internet... sometimes blog bouncing, freebie finding, sometimes eBay endeavours or google gandering, sometimes lesson plan lifting and recipe recruiting. Definitely blog bouncing!

Tonight I was checking out digi free and Ikeagoddess for scrapbooking freebies. Somehow I stumbled upon free fonts. I do love fun fonts on my Word documents, but not crazy ones. I like to be able to read my work. I am pretty choosy about my fonts. Fonts can say a whole lot about a person. I'm not sure what they say at all, but they do speak volumes.

I got to thinking that I might want to reinvent my handwriting. (My mom's probably agreeing with this.) I used to have pretty neat printing. Now it's just rushed. My brain thinks way faster than my hands and my words don't seem to care. Both my kids have bad handwriting! I've definitely tried to reinvent theirs! No such luck! But browsing these fonts made me want cool handwriting. :) How about you? My current standard for handwriting in my classroom is "Write so I can read it... either cursive or print... whatever is most readable." Personally I'm not a fan of cursive. I'm definitely more of a print kind of girl. Which must be why I love to change the fonts on my computer and email more than I write.

While I was wandering around this KevinandAmanda site, I found directions for creating your own blog backgrounds. Now there's something that interests me! However, since I had just spend 30 minutes playing around with fonts on a Friday night I was obviously a little past the point of doing something creative. Maybe another day. Definitely another day.

My To Do List:
Learn to make my own blog backgrounds so I can quit being annoyed by the lack of current choices.
Actually begin digital scrapbooking instead of just spending time collecting free paper, embellishments, and fonts and adding to my TwoPeas wishlist!
Reinvent my handwriting.
Decide between Paintshop Pro and Photoshop Elements so I can start scrapbooking. (Suggestions??)
Decide between 12x12 or 8x8 layouts so I can start scrapbooking. (Suggestions??)
Eat more fruit!
Spend less time grading papers!
Buy a better bike helmet (Mother's Day gift?!?)
Go on more family bike rides.
Download MORE fonts
Get current photos of the girls to send to grandparents since I don't buy school photos.
Drink more coffee! (Just kidding!)
Learn to coffectly spell "definitely"
Hope that no one is doing a mental analysis of why I'm hooked on handwriting tonight!
Sleep in Saturday!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ooooh, I'm definitely checking out that site on how to create a blog background! But it might have to be another day. I've tried to reinvent my handwriting many times but it's pretty stubborn. It's not pretty but it's readable. And it's "me," so I'm learning to like it the way it is. Have a fabulous weekend!

Jill said...

What the deal with the handwriting?!
I had a friend beg for a sample of my writing.... she saw that I had a grocery list with me and she asked if I would save it for her... so she could practice writing like me.
hahaha.
I think that was a little over the top, but if you'd like a sample grocery list... just let me know.
;)