Monday, January 12, 2009

Servant Heart

We want to know that we have done well. We want to be successful as wives, mothers, friends, and coworkers. The standard is high and we long to measure up.

More than that, we long to measure up to God's standards. We strive to be a good servant of all! We want to be the best servant. We long to hear "well done, thou good and faithful servant!"

What if we changed our thinking from being a great servant of God to being a servant of a great God? How might our perspective change?

I was challenged with these thoughts on Sunday from a guest speaker at church.

1 comment:

blessedmomX3 said...

I loved that statement too! I am studying David and one of my quiet times was taken from I Sam 17 when David refuses to where the armored protection to go fight Goliath. David knew that the Lord was going with him and was bigger than any giant he would meet. I was challenged to not face my "giants" from my perspective where times can be overwhelming and impossible, but to remember that God is bigger and greater than anything we can imagine. From his perspective my biggest "giant" is so much smaller than His Greatness!